Trip to land of Lakes
Day 01:Delhi - Leh
A delightful flight takes you to Leh and you are welcomed by our ETA representative at Kushok Bakula Airport Leh and then transfer to Hotel, Take complete rest to acclimatize yourself until later afternoon, evening free at Leh bazaar, dinner & overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 02: Leh
After an early breakfast, proceed for a half day tour Shey Palace, Thiksey Monastery and Hemis Monasteries, dinner & overnight at the Hotel.
Day 03:Khardongla Top Tour
Morning drive for Khardongla Pass, World's highest motorable road at 18380 feet and has been recorded in the Gunnies Book of world Records. At the top enjoy the beauty of snow capped mountains. In the late afternoon return back to the Hotel free time for shopping, overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 04:Leh - Karu - Pangong Tso Lake (7-8hrs)
After early breakfast we drive to Pangong Tso Lake. From Leh we reach Karu, an Army camp on Leh-Manali road and then turn left and cross Changla Pass (17500 ft) and finally to Tangtse. Evening at leisure, overnight stay little beyond Tangtse in Camped camp at Lukung near Pangong lakeshores.
Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m), is a long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometers at its widest point and over 135 km long. About 1/3rd of the lake is under Indian occupation and remaining under China. The Chinese border is just beyond the mountains across the lake. Spangmik, 7 km along the southern shore from the head of the lake is the farthest point to which foreigners are permitted. There are spectacular views of the mountains of Changchenmo range to the north and their shimmering reflection in the ever-changing blues and greens of the lake's brackish waters is breathtaking. Above Spangmik are the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Pangong range. Spangmik and other scattered tiny villages along the lake's southern shore are the summer homes of a scanty population of Chang-pa, the semi-nomadic herdsmen of Tibet and southeast Ladakh. The Pangong Chang-pa cultivate sparse crops of barely and peas in summers. During the winters that they pack their Camps (rebo) and take their flocks of sheep and Pashmina goats out to the distant pastures. Overnight stay little beyond Tangtse in Camped camp at Lukung near Pangong lakeshores.
Day 05:Pangong Tso Lake - Leh
After Breakfast leave from Pangong Lake and drive back to Leh at same route and walk around Leh town includes a visit to Leh Market, in the evening return back to Hotel for overnight stay.
Transfer in time to the airport to connect onward destination flight.
NB: The including services in above mentioned tour packages are as follows
- All Transfers in above mentioned Packages by Non A/C Toyota Quails / Non A/C Tavera / Tata Indica / Similar
- Accommodation will be provided on Twin sharing basis
- English speaking guide and Expert Tour escort will be provided for groups only.
- Accommodation in above mentioned packages will be provided in Deluxe Houseboats/Budget Hotel.
- Rooms for staying will be provided on Twin / Double Sharing Basis
- Meals plan is on MAP (Breakfast, Dinner or Lunch) will be fixed as per Houseboats/Hotel.
- Gondola Ride, Horse Ride, Soft or Hard Drinks, Laundry, Chips or Snacks, Helicopter Tickets, Air Fare Tickets, Sledge Ride, Chandanwari or Aru Sightseeing, Any Entrance fees & tips.
Child Policy for Deluxe and Budget services
- 1-5 years charged 15% of the Packages on MAP plan without extra bed as per Houseboat/Hotel
- 5-12 years is charged 40% of the Packages with extra bed.
- 12 years above is charged as Adult Sharing in the same room.